Thursday 3 January 2013

Task 2a: Reflective Practise

In this first section of part 2 we are told to keep a journal, a private journal to help us to reflect on our professional practice. I keep a dairy in my bag which i rely on from day to day about what im meant to be doing for that week etc, but i dont really write and reflect about my day. I used to do that all the time when I was younger but it seems as though I don't really have the time to do that anymore. it Sounds like a simple thing to do, but point blank my life is non stop?! But, this has to be done and i was excited to start my new journal. I thought of how i could write my journal and tried out different ways of writting but as the days went by i resulted in writting in a basic journal format. I was up to date and good for the first week or so but then as usual with me, things get hectic and i realised i hadnt wrote in it for days! Being busy with my play i had completely put everything on hold just because i was working two jobs, morning and night, and to be honest, the thought of sitting down and reflecting on my day seemed like a luxury! After a while, the run of the play was up and i caught up and got everything back on track. But when a few days/weeks went by I started to wonder why I had nothing to write about. I felt my day to day posts were boring and had nothing to do with my career at all! And I came to realise that I don't actually do that much from day to day to do with performing. I work all day at the school and either teach Zumba all night or am at home. It sounds bad but I would love to say I learnt this at class and I had this many auditions this week, but I really dont! For me to go to class every week would cost me so much money for me to get what I really need out of it, and we all know what the audition front is like at the mo..... Sloooooow. But after catching up on other peoples blogs I understand a few others went through the same problems, like Chelsie. I felt the same way and after checking up on her comments from clare Orlandi and Rosemary, I realised I do a lot more than what I thought I did. I go to the theatre an awful lot, me and my boyfriend (an actor too) try to see as much theatre as we can, and we dont do too bad. I watch all different types of film and cinema from all over the world, old and new as I have a massive interest in cinema. I also check daily for auditions on the stage app on my phone and from casting sites I am joined with. Looking back on how I see myself now to how I did whilst I was at college is entirely different, I understand how the industry works now and what it takes. I feel the hunger to dance, whereas at college it was handed to me on a plate. There's lots I took into account and added into my journal writing thanks to other bloggers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment